Working together to reduce health inequalities and improve health and wellbeing in Kerry.
Healthy Kerry is funded through the Healthy Ireland Fund and is a collaborative project of the Kerry Local Community Development Committee (LCDC). The Healthy Ireland Fund is supported by the Department of Health and the Department of Children and Youth Affairs. Healthy Kerry provides a platform for cross-sectoral, interagency work to reduce health inequalities and improve health and wellbeing in Kerry.
Healthy Kerry is led by the Health and Wellbeing Officer at Kerry County Council, and is supported by the Healthy Kerry Committee, a multi-stakeholder working group of Kerry LCDC.
Member agencies of the working group include;
- Kerry County Council (KCC)
- HSE Cork Kerry Community Healthcare (HSE)
- Kerry Recreation and Sports Partnership (KRSP)
- Institute of Technology Tralee (ITT)
- Kerry Public Participation Network (PPN)